QURB LIFE LLC
LAST UPDATED: SEPTEMBER 14, 2017
THE QURB SITE IS NOT INTENDED FOR ANYONE UNDER THE AGE OF 18. IF YOU ARE BETWEEN THE AGES OF 13 TO 17 YEARS, YOU MUST ACCESS AND/OR USE THE QURB SITE ONLY WITH THE PERMISSION AND INVOLVEMENT OF YOUR PARENT OR GUARDIAN.
- NOTICE CONCERNING CHILDREN. The Qurb Site is a general audience site, and we do not direct any of our content specifically at children under 13 years of age. We understand and are committed to respecting the sensitive nature of children’s privacy online. If we learn or have reason to suspect that a Qurb Site user is under age 13, we will promptly delete any personal information in that user’s account.
- INFORMATION COLLECTION PRACTICES.
What Information Does Qurb Collect? We will receive, collect, store, and process information, including personal information and non-identifying information, when you interact with us and access the Qurb Site. Non-identifying information means information that alone cannot identify you, including data from cookies (discussed in greater detail below). Personal information means information about you that specifically identifies you, or, when combined with other information we have, can be used to identify you. This generally includes but is not limited to the following types of information:
- Contact Information: your name, user name(s), password(s), postal address(es), business information, email address(es), telephone number(s), or other addresses at which you are able to receive communications.
- Financial and Payment Information: information collected from you as needed to process payments for services, goods, or products purchased through the Qurb Site, such as your payment credit card number, expiration date, card verification number, and related billing information.
- Locational and Demographic Information: information you provide that enables us to determine areas of interest and activities; locational information, such as communities or neighborhoods; and demographic information, such as birth date, age, and gender.
- Transaction Information and General Feedback: information you provide when you interact with us and the Qurb Site, such as email, online form, and other communications, as well as content you post on message boards or social media, or information and reviews you submit about our products, goods, or services.
When Does Qurb Collect This Information? We may collect information when you interact with Qurb and the Qurb Site, for example when you:
- Access or use the Qurb Site.
- Register or create or edit your account and user profile via the Qurb Site.
- Create an account using your login credentials from one of your social networking services accounts.
- Sign up to receive our email newsletter and receive news, information, and exclusive offers, etc.
- Purchase products, goods, or services, on or through the Qurb Site.
- Contact us and submit inquiries regarding general information and marketing.
- Fill out online surveys, questionnaires, or forms.
- Post comments, or submit photos, reviews, ratings, or other information.
- Participate in Qurb Site promotions or sweepstakes.
- Send emails to us, including attached files.
- Open or respond to our emails.
- Contact customer support.
- Apply for employment on or through the Qurb Site.
- Request information regarding Qurb retail opportunities on or through the Qurb Site.
At any time, you may indicate your preference to stop receiving further communications from us as further detailed below.
How Do We Use Your Information? In general, information you submit or share with us is used by Qurb, for various purposes, including but not limited to the following:
- To enable your access to our products, goods, and services and the Qurb Site features.
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and offerings in which you are most interested.
- To provide, maintain, protect, develop, and improve the Qurb Site.
- To fulfill your requests for products, goods, and services, and process and deliver your transactions and orders.
- To provide you with information in response to your inquiries.
- To administer sweepstakes, contests, challenges, promotions, surveys, or other Qurb Site features.
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products, goods, and services.
- To mail information about the Qurb Site, marketing materials, and gifts to you.
- To offer you additional information, opportunities, promotions, and functionality from us or on our behalf.
- To assist us in taking data security precautions and to engage in fraud prevention, detection, and remediation.
- To comply with applicable international, federal, state, provincial and local laws, directives, rules, regulations, and ordinances; civil, criminal or regulatory investigations; or other legal requirements, such as court orders.
Mobile and Location Information. If you use mobile-enabled services provided by the Qurb Site, such as any Qurb mobile or tablet application made available by us, we may receive information about your use of our products, goods, and services from your mobile device while you use our applications. This may also include information about your precise location if you have enabled location-based services on your mobile device. We may also receive information about your device and may access your camera, microphone, or other device services or hardware. Some devices may allow you to opt-out of this collection or access, and in those cases, you may be able to subsequently stop the collection or access. Please review your device settings for more information.
Information from Third Party Sources. We may receive information about you from publicly and commercially available third party sources, as permitted by law, which we may combine with other information we receive from or about you. For example, we may receive information about you from a social media site if you connect to the Qurb Site or create an account from that social media site.
Other Information We Collect. We also may collect other information about you, your device, or your use of the Qurb Site in ways that we describe to you at the point of collection or otherwise with your consent.
Modifying Your Information. You can access and modify the information you provide to us via the Qurb Site by contacting us at email@example.com. If you want us to delete your information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your request. We will take steps to delete your information as soon as is practicable, but some information may remain in archived/backup copies for our records or as otherwise required by law. You can adjust your communication preferences at any time, including opting out of promotional mailings, from your account.
However, we may provide your personal information to third party service providers or affiliates to perform business functions on our behalf or in conjunction with us. For example, we may use third parties to help us make our products, goods, and services available to you, fulfill orders you may have placed, process credit card payments, provide customer service, ship postal mail and packages, deliver your mail and packages, conduct market research or information analysis, manage promotions and sweepstakes, and contact you in connection with the Qurb Site. We limit information provided to the aforementioned affiliate and third party service providers to the extent necessary for them to provide the services and require such service providers to promise not to use such information except as necessary to provide the relevant services to us. In these instances, we may need to provide your information to these third parties for such purposes.
- Commercial Emails. You may choose not to receive commercial emails from us by following the instructions contained in any of the commercial emails we send or by logging into your account and adjusting your email preferences. Please note that even if you unsubscribe from commercial email messages, we may still email you non-commercial emails related to your account and your transactions on the Qurb Site. You may update your subscription preferences at any time.
- SECURITY. We are committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. Even though we have taken significant steps to protect your personal information, no company, including us, can fully eliminate security risks associated with personal information. The Qurb Site has security measures in place to prevent the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information that we obtain from you. Please keep in mind, however, that whenever you give out personal information online there is a risk that third parties may intercept and use that information. While Qurb strives to protect your personal information and privacy, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you disclose online. By using the Qurb Site, you expressly acknowledge and agree that we do not guarantee the security of any data provided to or received by us through the Qurb Site and that any personal information, general information, or other data or information received from you through the Qurb Site is provided to us at your own risk, which you expressly assume. You further understand and acknowledge that the Company’s online product reviews, to which users publish content, is a public forum and not a communication between you and your physician or healthcare provider. We ask that you protect your private health information and that of your family by not posting or publishing personal health information.
- California’s “Do Not Track” Notice; THIRD PARTY BEHAVIORAL TRACKING. “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) is a preference you can set in your web browser to let the sites you visit know that you do not want them collecting information about you. We honor DNT signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a DNT browser mechanism is in place. For further details regarding DNT, visit donottrack.us. Further, we do not allow third party behavioral tracking.
- THIRD PARTY WEBSITES. The Qurb Site may contain links to other websites or mobile applications. This includes services in connection with third party “social media” and other sites that would allow personal information to be transferred to such third parties (e.g., Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube, Twitter, etc.). If you choose to visit other websites or mobile applications, we are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of those other websites or mobile applications, and it is your responsibility to review the privacy policies at those websites or mobile applications to confirm that you understand and agree with their policies. To protect your information, we recommend that you carefully review the privacy policies of other third party websites and services that you access.
- Your California Privacy Rights. California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as S.B. 27 or the “Shine the Light” law, allows individual customers who have provided their personal information to us to request information about our disclosure of certain categories of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Such requests must be submitted to us by contacting us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below. Within thirty (30) days of receiving such a request, we will provide a list of the categories of personal information disclosed to third parties for third party direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding year, along with the names and addresses of those third parties. This request may be made no more than once per calendar year. We reserve the right not to respond to requests submitted in ways other than those specified above.
- Class Action Waiver. ANY DISPUTE RESOLUTION PROCEEDINGS, WHETHER IN ARBITRATION OR COURT, WILL BE CONDUCTED ONLY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT IN A CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION OR AS A NAMED OR UNNAMED MEMBER IN A CLASS, CONSOLIDATED, REPRESENTATIVE OR PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL LEGAL ACTION. YOUR ACCESS AND CONTINUED USE OF THE QURB SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR EXPLICIT CONSENT TO THIS WAIVER.
Qurb Life LLC
Attn: Website Administrator
7850 Ruffner Avenue
Van Nuys, California 91406
When contacting us, please clearly state your request, including your name, mailing address, email address, and phone number.